Rainforests are disappearing very quickly. The good news is there are a lot of people who want to save rainforests. The bad news is that saving rainforests is not going to be easy. It will take the efforts of many people working together in order to ensure that rainforests and their wildlife will survive for your children to appreciate, enjoy, and benefit from.
Some steps for saving rainforests and, on a broader scale, ecosystems around the world can be abbreviated as TREES:
- Teach others about the importance of the environment and how they can help save rainforests.
- Restore damaged ecosystems by planting trees on land where forests have been cut down.
- Encourage people to live in a way that doesn't hurt the environment
- Establish parks to protect rainforests and wildlife
- Support companies that operate in ways that minimize damage to the environment
Annoyed by these ads? Use the advertising-free version of Mongabay-Kids.
Previous | Next
- What are some things we can do to save rainforests?
- How to save the rainforest From our main rainforests web site
- How to Save the Amazon Rainforest From our main rainforests web site
- Brazil’s plan to save the Amazon rainforest Mongabay News
- May I use graphics from mongabay.com for my projects? Yes, you may provided that you don't remove the mongabay label from the images. You may use information from the site for class projects and can cite mongabay as the source.
- Where can I learn more about rainforests? Check the main rainforest site.
- Is this web site credible? Mongabay is the world's most popular source for information on tropical forests. The site is highly acclaimed by a number of the world's leading tropical scientists. See more answers at our frequently asked questions page.
- Can I hide ads? Yes, we have an advertising-free version of Mongabay-Kids.